Monday 1 November 2010

Do I Still Have A Chance?

get your ex back
Known as a relationship expert, frequently people come to me and ask me this specific question:
"My sad scenario is this:_________ (this is where there are all the nasty and hurtful details). Can I still get my ex back?"

Ever thought about this? I surely did.

I also know , being people we have an entrenched psychological requirement to feel our power.

This doesn't mean anything weird similar to being powerful than others, or just bullying people. It's actually about controlling our own lives

One of the most overwhelming things about a breakup is the loss of this feeling of power.


Understand me? Have you ever felt this way?

If yes, I have some good news. You can change this sensation by changing the way you view the whole situation. Or, to put it another way, by modifying the way you understand it. This will allow you to feel much better and be stronger, more confident and more joyful than you would have been otherwise.

And now let me show you the first step: the way you acknowledge a situation has everything to do with how you feel about it.

Usually after a breakup, we think our ex isn't thinking about us, that they are moving on, and they don't need us anymore. This is overwhelming to our well being.

Who says they are moving on and they're happy with their life? You do. You are telling it to yourself. Is it possible you could tell yourself something different? If you are telling yourself one thing that makes you feel like trash, wouldn't you want to correct that ?

If you aren't willing to TRY something that can make you feel better, than you are choosing to be unhappy.

So what can you think instead Think this: "My ex misses me because we had some great times and shared some profound sentiments. Your ex may appear to be doing better, but it's just an act. They are a better actor than I am, but they share no less pain."

This allows you to feel wanted. In order to feel a sense of power again, just imagine if you were to believe the affirmation above was true. Wouldn't you feel stronger, more confident and more confident of how to move forward? Wouldn't you feel you had more solutions than just waiting to be called? Wouldn't it feel like the sincerest needs we have (to feel needed, to have some sense of control over our own lives) would be more satisfying ?

Indeed.

Still reading this ? Good for you, Try our other posts maybe you'll find something useful for you !

No comments:

Post a Comment